15/07/2010 - current events
Vedama is a non-profit animal protection society located in Oliva (Valencia).
The association is made up of a group of people who, for many years, have had the commitment to work for the most disadvantaged animals.
July 15, 2010
The association was founded on July 15, 2010. For a time, Vedama worked exclusively with foster homes.
After managing to close the old municipal dog pound, Vedama was able to use these previously conditioned facilities.
Want to know more about our history?
What are the tasks of a volunteer inside the shelter?
- Feeding the animals.
- Cleaning the facilities: cages, corridors, parks, garden, and office.
- Regularly bathing our dogs.
- Playing with them.
- Administering medication daily to those who need it.
- Taking dogs for daily walks.
- Maintaining the facilities.
- Taking photos and videos for subsequent publication on the website and social media.
- Assisting visitors to the shelter.
How can a volunteer help outside the shelter?
- Creating and distributing posters and donation boxes.
- Selling lottery tickets, t-shirts, organizing fundraising markets.
- Recruiting new members and volunteers.
- Secretary: creating, sorting, and updating dog profiles.
- Following up on adopted animals.
- Assisting with website and social media maintenance.
- Taking our dogs to the veterinarian.
- Providing temporary foster care for some of our animals.
Want to join us? Keep in mind that volunteering, even if it's temporary, is a commitment and a responsibility. If you're willing to take it on and are interested in joining us, contact our association; we'll provide proper guidance and information.
Minors under 16 years old must always be accompanied by their legal guardians. In the case of minors aged 16 to 18, they must be accompanied by legal guardians, at least on the first day.